Recreational Equipment, Inc. — Kent, WA — Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
July 2016 – Present
- Build and platform systems, performance and site reliability, supporting the front end development team.
Zappos.com — Las Vegas, NV — CMS Developer, Sr. Frontend Developer, Lead Frontend Developer
March 2010 – January 2016 (5.8 Years)
- Helped build, maintain and improve CMS, most notably creating an advanced user interface for landing page creation
- Primary technical owner of the homepage and top-tier landing pages which received millions of unique visitors a day
- Lead landing page and Frontend teams through a massively scaled complex multi-year project spanning many technologies
- Helped scope out, build, document, and test a node.js frontend asset system to conform to Amazon’s internal ecosystem
- Completed numerous small to medium projects: 6pm.com landing page integration, customer driven landing pages, daily deals site, Dynamic Form Generator, Grid Selector, Geolocation Product Ticker, etc.
- Proactive in establishing a Style Reference helping frontend development team be successful in a large multi-team project.
Trinet Internet Solutions, Inc. — Irvine, CA — Web Programmer
May 2008 – January 2010 (1.8 Years)
- Experience with taking on in-house content management systems as well as developing components for open source frameworks
- Advocated and used version control at Trinet, assessing SCM solutions, and scoping out internal automated workflows
- Completed a highly custom e-commerce and payment processing solution before hard Christmas deadline
United States Marine Corps — Okinawa, Japan — Parachute Rigger (Active Duty)
July 2004 – July 2008 (4 Years)
- Served while knowing my desired career path in web development, continuing to develop and refine new skills during that time.